Kangaroo Island Attractions
Kangaroo Island is known for its amazing wildlife experiences and some of its best attractions are found in Flinders Chase National Park. From wind-sculpted rock formations that sit atop a smooth granite dome known as Remarkable Rocks to Admirals Arch, a perfect sweep of rock under which the surf pounds and New Zealand Fur Seals play or the beautiful beach at West Bay and the walk to the mouth of the Rocky River, the national park is a must see for any visit to the island. The park features the spectacular Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch as well as a colony of New Zealand fur-seals at Cape du Couedic. A network of walking trails and boardwalks enable you to enjoy the park and its diverse wildlife.

Seal Bay is the only place in the world where you can see the Australian Sea Lion up close. Australian sea lions are fascinating creatures and one of the rarest species in the world. The world population is estimated at around 14,700. Of these, 85 percent live in South Australia and the other 15 percent in Western Australia. Seal Bay supports the third largest colony of Australian sea lions with a population of around 1,000 - around five percent of the world's total. Australian sea lions are the only seal species with a breeding cycle that varies from year to year with a gap between cycles of almost 18 months. Interestingly, breeding seasons differ from colony to colony. The Australian Sea Lion was nearly hunted to extinction in the 19th century. We can count ourselves lucky that places like Seal Bay exist today.

Here is a list of website links for some of the attractions in the town of Kangaroo Island.
Flinders Chase National Park
Seal Bay